Depeche Mode - Touring The Angel





Oh yes. Yesterday at 9 pm, time has traveled back 15 years. I was jumping and screaming in Wembley Arena as I watched Depeche Mode perform their reunion concert,Touring The Angel. And boy, were they GREAT!!!!
We arrived quite early and consumed a couple o glasses of vino just to get in the mood!


I was back at my Sunday afternoon DM Fan Club with all the Dave Gahan lookalikes, red and black punk hairdos, and thick black eyeliners. Then at 9:05 it started with a huge bang, red flashlights and the band started the show with 'A Pain That I'm used To'.




The rest of the evening was unforgettable too. Dave Gahan looks still great considering he's not exactly 25 anymore. Martin Lee Gore was being himself again, turning up wearing the most bizarre hat/wig combo and some smoky charcoal eyeliner which by song #4 made him look like a beaten up panda.
The concert lasted 2 hours and I really needed more. the thing is when a band had almost 20 years of music in them, you can't really put all the big hits in 2 hours.


All in all it was fab and if I could go again I would without a doubt.
So, if Dave, Martin or Andy reading this, I've got a nice large living room and some karaoke machine so just come and play for me please. We're moving house very soon anyway!!