The Da Vinci Code - The Movie

I can't wait to see the film!!!I loved the book; read it twice. More than 40 million copies were sold worldwide. I loved the storyline, the so called 'facts', the characters, everything.
But one thing I cannot understand: Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon????????
I mean, please...
Here is the description of Robert Langdon from The Da Vinci Code:
"Although not overly handsome in a classical sense, the forty-year old Langdon had what his female colleagues referred to as an "errudite" appeal--wisps of gray in his thick brown hair, probing blue eyes, an arrestingly deep voice, and the strong, carefree smile of a collegiate athlete. A varsity diver in prep school and college, Langdon still had the body of a swimmer, a toned, six-foot physique that he vigilantly maintained with fifty laps a day in the university pool."
And now here is a picture of Tom Hanks just to remind you:

And 'arrestingly deep voice'? 'Body of a swimmer'? Tom Hanks?Really?
Director Ron Howard's other choices were: Russell Crowe, Ralph Fiennes, Hugh Jackman, and George Clooney .
Well, I don't know. Clooney would have been better. Then again, it doesn't matter; I'm sure the film will be brilliant even with TH. Still, shame about Clooney.